The time has finally come for the big reveal of that Secret Blogging Project I’ve been mentioning. I’m going to be joining a group of really lovely and talented ladies to write for a new blog – Tea in the Treetops!
With my second bub due at Christmas I’m going to have a lot less time for reading and/or blogging, and with the other bloggers in the group also finding their lives busier than ever we’ve banded together to hopefully create a new exciting and entertaining place for reviews, the Tea in the Treetops podcast and other general book chatter!
Please stop by and check it out! You can also enter our launch giveaways for a chance to win some great books.
The Oaken Bookcase will be quiet from here on so I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all of you for your support, for reading, commenting and being generally lovely. I hope to see you in my new bloggy home
It’s time for a look back at the past month on the Oaken Bookcase.
Can you believe it’s October already? It’s been a very busy month and seems to have flown by.
I’ve read a fair bit more this month but the towering to-read pile still doesn’t seem to be getting any smaller. It’s a neverending struggle for the summit, isn’t it!
The Secret Blogging Project is still in the works and should be ready to roll quite soon.
The Tea in the Treetops podcast is still on hiatus for a short while until Philippa and I get our busy lives under control, but we hope to have a new episode for you very soon.
Time to talk books! It’s been another month of sequels and series.
Reviews for September:
- Kinslayer, Jay Kristoff (Lotus War #2) – Steampunkish fantasy. Extremely awesome.
- Red Seas Under Red Skies, Scott Lynch (Gentleman Bastards #2) – heists and adventure on the high seas, more from Locke Lamora and Jean Tannen
- Happy Hour in Hell, Tad Williams (Bobby Dollar #2) – A nightmarish trip to Hell for the advocate angel Bobby Dollar
- City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments #2) – After seeing the City of Bones film, I had to read on to find out what happens next!
- Crystal Venom, Steve Wheeler (A Fury of Aces #2) – High-tech science fiction space opera
Books I read but didn’t review yet:
- Goodreads challenge – I’m currently sitting at 69 books read, 5 books behind schedule. I seem to be getting further behind for some reason – must need some shorter books to read!
Coming up in October
To be honest I’m not really sure what’s coming in October because I’ve barely had a chance to plan anything! Hang around though, I’m sure there will be more great books to read about
Have a lovely October!