Welcome to the second episode of Tea in the Treetops – a new podcast project I’ve been working on with my book buddy Philippa, from the Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales blog.
In episode 2, we talk about what we’ve been reading, what we plan to read next and a little bit about our children too, as well as a bit of booky news that we’re excited about.
Please, have a listen, and let us know what you think! I do apologise, I’ve had a bit of a cold this week. I’ve tried to edit out all the coughing but I may have missed a bit so, sorry! And yes, you did hear correctly, Philippa is due to have another bub in eight weeks or so!
You can use this player to listen. It’s about 40 minutes long this week:
We hope you enjoy our bookish chit-chat! Please let us know if you do!
- The Immortal Rules (#1) (Philippa’s review) and The Eternity Cure (#2), Julie Kagawa
- The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Dirty Streets of Heaven, Tad Williams
- Jinx: Wizard’s Apprentice, Sage Blackwood
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, Catherynne M Valente
- The Seers: New World Order, MD Kaczkowski
- The Natural History of Dragons, Marie Brennan
- Kids Book – The Gruffalo Sounds Book, Julia Donaldson
- Everneath (#1) (Philippa’s review) and Everbound (#2) – Brodi Ashton
- Bringing Up Bébé, Pamela Druckerman (review on TDF by Natasha)
- Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2), Katie McGarry (tbr 7 June)
- Nameless, Lili St Crow (28 Mar)
- Parallel, Lauren Miller (May 14)
- Towering (Kendra Chronicles #3), Alex Flinn (May 14)
- Born of Illusion, Teri Brown (June 11)
- Birthday Books – Splintered by AG Howards and Pivot Point, Kasie West
- Kindle Pre Orders – Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare and Requiem, Lauren Oliver
- Kids Books – Co Reading The Slinky Malinky books by Lynley Dodd – Slinky Malinki & Slinky Malinki, Open the Door