It’s time for something a little different on the Oaken Bookcase today! I’d like to welcome you to listen to the first “pilot” episode of Tea in the Treetops – a new podcast project I’ve been working on with my book buddy Phillipa, from the Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales blog.
We plan to make this a fairly regular update to take the place of meme posts such as Clock Rewinders or Stacking the Shelves. We talk about what we’ve been reading, what we plan to read next and a little bit about our children too!
Please, have a listen, and let us know what you think!
You can use this player to listen. It’s just shy of 30 minutes long:
We hope you enjoy our bookish chit-chat! Please let us know if you do 🙂
Books mentioned by Angelya
- A Storm of Swords – George RR Martin
- The Wild Girl – Kate Forsyth
- Jack Templar Monster Hunter (#1) (Angelya’s review) and Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (#2), Jeff Gunhus
- Gate to Kandrith (#1) (Angelya’s review) and Soul of Kandrith (#2), Nicole Luiken
- The Immortal Rules (#1) (Philippa’s review) and The Eternity Cure (#2), Julie Kagawa
- City of Dragons (#3) and Blood of Dragons (#4) Robin Hobb
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (#2), J.K. Rowling
- The Lighthouse Keeper’s Lunch, Ronda Armitage (children’s picture book)
Books mentioned by Philippa
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green (Philippa’s review)
- The Sweetest Dark – Shana Abe
- Everneath (#1) (Philippa’s review) and Everbound (#2) – Brodi Ashton
- Bringing Up Bébé – Pamela Druckerman (for book club)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur Puppet Book – The Wiggles (children’s picture book)
- Josephine Wants to Dance – Jackie French (children’s picture book)
You can find a link to my Blogaversary giveaway on the right sidebar there ->