I may or may not have mentioned on the Bookcase before that I’m a huge fan of Isobelle Carmody, especially her Obernewtyn Chronicles. I still remember The Farseekers coming in new to my high school library and thinking it looked like an interesting read – I was hooked from then on! Each book has been quite slow to come out but well worth the wait. The final book in the series, The Red Queen, will be released next year so if you’re new to the series, now’s a great time to start reading them. If you’d like to know more about the series, they’re having a read-along over at Giraffe Days with a review of Obernewtyn up already.
I was completely delighted to discover that Isobelle was touring a few council libraries here in Brisbane, and today Philippa (of Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales) and I went along to one of the talks.
If you ever get a chance to hear Isobelle speak, make sure you go along – she gave a very entertaining talk, telling us about how she used to tell scary stories to her younger siblings, about escaping into the world of Obernewtyn, and heartwarming stories of how her daughter helped her to write the Little Fur books. I’m also kind of jealous to hear about how she now lives in Prague, one of my favourite cities I have visited in the world. Thanks so much Isobelle, I really enjoyed the event!
She signed my copy of Ashling, but also signed a copy of Obernewtyn for me to give away! So, without further ado, I can now present the giveaway for the Discover Australian Fantasy month (after the break)!
I have a fantastic collection of books to give away during July! There will be two prize packs, and two lucky winners. All of these titles are by Australian Fantasy authors and will either be reviewed or featured on The Oaken Bookcase this month.
You can enter via the Rafflecopter form below the giveaway details. I’ve tried to make it easy by only including a few extra entries – they’re only to help spread the word and help out the lovely people who donated prizes.
Good luck! Thanks very much to those who donated prizes!
Prize Pack 1: Paper Book Pack
- A signed copy of Obernewtyn, Isobelle Carmody
- One more hard copy book of the winner’s choice from the list of books reviewed during July on The Oaken Bookcase. See the Aussie Fantasy page for the list of reviews!
- I am planning to add more things to this pack – check the Aussie Fantasy page for updates later in the month.
Prize Pack 2: Enormous Book Pack
- E-book copy of Destiny of the Light, Louise Cusack – donated by Momentum Books
- E-book copy of Valkeryn: Return of the Ancients, Greig Beck – donated by Momentum Books
- Paper copy of Embrace, Jessica Shirvington shipped from Book Depository – donated by Philippa of Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales
- Paper copy of Obernewtyn, Isobelle Carmody shipped from Book Depository – donated by Bree of All The Books I Can Read
- There will be two winners. The first winner will choose which prize pack they would like, then the other pack will go to the second winner.
- I will snail-mail the hard copies of books to the winner of Prize Pack 1. The books making up prize pack 2 will be sent to the winner directly from Momentum, Book Depository or myself.
- The giveaway is open internationally, as long as the Book Depository ships to your country (go here to check).
- The giveaway will run until the end of July.
- The winners will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond.
She was a fantastic speaker! I thought you were going to put up the photo of us 🙁
Philippa recently posted..Giveaway (INT): Summer Reads Giveaway Hop
I was going to put the photo up but it sort of didn’t fit! Are you going to write a post about it? You can put te photo in!
How great that you got the chance to hear her speak!
shelleyrae @ Book’d Out recently posted..Review: The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer
It was a great experience! 🙂
If the winner of my part of the giveaway would prefer another in the series, I’m happy to ship any title!
Bree recently posted..About Last Night – Ruthie Knox
[…] I got to meet Isobelle Carmody and she said she had heard of my blog!!! *gasp* *hand fluttering* Probably only because I’m a […]