July has come to an end, and so must the Discover Australian Fantasy feature, at least for now.
I just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who took part this month! The authors – Louise Cusack, Jay Kristoff, Selina Fenech, Gillian Polack and Isobelle Carmody, and the bloggers – Philippa, Bree, Rebecca, Lisa, Shannon and Steph. Also thanks to the lovely people at Momentum Books for donating prizes, and to all those readers who left comments and entered the giveaway. You are all awesome, thank you so much for being part of it!
There’s still about 16 hours or so to enter the Giveaway, so make sure your entries are in. I’ll post the winners up later in the week. Good luck everyone!
I really hope that you discovered at least one new book to add to your reading list – I know I’ve found a whole lot more authors to check out. In fact, I am already making plans for another Discovery month, probably sometime early in 2013. If you have any suggestions for Aussie authors to be featured or you’d like to be part of the feature, drop me an email, I’d love to hear from you.
I haven’t sorted it out yet but I’m planning on adding an “Aussie” tag to my Reviews page, so you’ll be able to filter out Aussie titles if you’re interested. Until then, I’ll leave the Aussie Fantasy page where it is for the moment, but here’s a full list of all the posts that were part of the feature during July:
- July 2 – Winter Be My Shield, Jo Spurrier – adult epic fantasy
- July 4 – Finnikin of the Rock, Melina Marchetta – young adult fantasy
- July 9 – Dragonclaw, Kate Forsyth (Witches of Eileanan #1) – epic fantasy
- July 12 – Destiny of the Light, Louise Cusack – with interview! – adult epic romantic fantasy
- July 14 – Memory’s Wake, Selina Fenech – young adult fantasy
- July 17 – Shadowfell, Juliet Marillier – young adult fantasy
- July 18 – Embrace, Jessica Shirvington – guest review from Philippa of Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales – young adult paranormal fantasy
- July 21 – Return of the Ancients, Greig Beck – sci-fi/fantasy for teens
- July 23 – Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo #1), D. M. Cornish – middle grade/teens fantasy
- July 25 – The Undivided, Jennifer Fallon – guest review from Steph – epic fantasy
- July 26 – Little Fur: The Legend Begins, Isobelle Carmody – children’s fantasy
- July 27 – Mister Monday (Keys to the Kingdom #1), Garth Nix – middle grade fantasy
- July 28 – A Shadow on the Glass, Ian Irvine – epic fantasy
- July 30 – Fire in the Sea, Myke Bartlett – YA fantasy set in Perth
- July 1 – Welcome post
- July 4 – Cover Reveal: A Corner of White, Jaclyn Moriarty
- July 5 – Meeting Isobelle Carmody (and the giveaway announcement)
- July 6 – Five for Friday: Five reasons to get excited about Stormdancer – a guest post from Rebecca of Reading Wishes
- July 7 – An Interview with Jay Kristoff
- July 11 – Fantastic Australian Cities – a guest post from author Gillian Polack
- July 19 – Dream cast for Embrace, Jessica Shirvington – a guest post from Lisa, the Badass Bookie
- July 20 – Five for Friday: Five Fantastic Fantasy Authors – a guest post from Shannon of Giraffe Days
- July 24 – The Obernewtyn Chronicles, Isobelle Carmody – a guest post from Bree of All the Books I Can Read
Coming in August
Any rest after July won’t be for long because I’m going to be taking part in the Review Copy Cleanup during August – I’m pretty far behind on my review books now so I need a kick in the pants to get back into the swing of things.
On top of that I’ll be taking part in a couple of tours and some other fun stuff so keep your eyes on your feed reader!